|METU Credit (Theoretical-Laboratory hours/week):
|Language of Instruction:
|Level of Study:
||Academic Staff Dr. MUSTAFA ÖZBAKAN
The goal of this course is to provide a calculus based physics course to help students develop conceptual understanding of physical principles, the ability to reason, and gain skills for problem solving.
Electric charge; electric field; Gauss` law, electric potential; capacitance; current and resistance; circuits; magnetic field; Ampere`s law; Faraday`s law of induction; electro-magnetic oscillations; alternating currents.
1) Understand how phycists approach and solve problems in electricity and magnetism;
2) Apply those methods to solve problems of electricity and magnetism;
3) Use inductive reasoning and calculus level mathematics to solve problems in electricity and magnetism;
4) Engage in independent and collaborative learning;
5) Identify, find, and use the tools of information science as it relates to electricity and magnetism;
6) Critically evaluate both source and content of scientific information.