Coastal And Ocean - Research Projects
More than 100 applied projects funded by national and international organizations and companies (Ministry of Environment and Urbanization, Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey, State Planning Organization, General Directorate for Protection of Natural Assets and Private Sector, European Council, European Union, British Council, DEFRA, NATO, IAEA, JNES, UTM Malaysia and DID Malaysia, UNESCO-IOC, FEMA, University of Southern California-USA, Tohoku University Disaster Control Research Center-IRIDeS-Japan, and Russian Academy of Science) were initiated so far by Coastal and Harbor Division of METU Civil Engineering Department:
· EU COST Action CA17105 "A pan-European Network for Marine Renewable Energy", (Ongoing).
· TUBITAK 217M722 "Modeling the Motion of Units Forming Rubble Mound Coastal Protection Structures under Wave Attack using Immersed Boundary and Discrete Element Numerical Methods" (Ongoing).
· ERASMUS+ Project DESIMAR, "Parametric Design for Marine and Coastal Structures", 2017-2-TR01-KA205-047156, (2017-2019), (Ongoing)
· Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Marmara Coast Tsunami Hazard and Vulnerability Analysis and Risk Assessment project. Supported by Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (Completed).
· ERASMUS+ Project TROYO, "Training Of Youth for Preparedness Against Marine Induced Hazards", Erasmus+ Key Action 2: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices, 2015-3-TR01-KA205-024506 (Completed).
· European Union Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection, DG-ECHO Project TSUMAPS-NEAM, "Probabilistic TSUnami Hazard MAPS for the NEAM Region, ECHO/SUB/2015/718568/PREV26 (Completed).
· EU-FP7 Project ASTARTE (Assessment, STrategy and Risk Reduction for Tsunamis in Europe). ENV-2013.604-3 Grant No. 603839 (Completed).
· UK Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO) Project, "Legal, Technical and Commercial Roadmap for Supporting Offshore Wind Investments in Turkey" (Completed).
· RAPSODI (Risk Assessment and design of Prevention Structures fOr enhanced tsunami DIsaster resilience) project, CONCERT-Japan (FP7), ERA-NET (Completed).
· EU-FP7 Project CoCoNET "Towards Coast to Coast Networks of Marine Protected Areas Coupled with Sea-Based Wind Energy Potential" (Completed).
· TUBITAK 213M534 Joint Project with Russia (RFBR), "Modelling Tools for Marine Hazards in Black Sea", (2014-2016) (Completed)
· Risk and Vulnerability to Sea Level Rise and Tsunami of Selected Low Lying Coastal Areas in the Maltese Islands and Turkey joint project with Malta (Completed).
· TUBITAK 108M589 "The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey) funded project: Vulnerability Analysis of Coasts against Climate Change Supported with A Sediment Model" (Completed).
· Historical Earthquakes and Associated Tsunamis in Mediterranean Sea project for Tohoku University in Japan (Completed).
· Assessment of Historical, Cultural and Coastal Scenic Values of Turgutreis (Bodrum-Turkey) project for Middle East Technical University (METU) (Completed).
· Adaptive Management Strategies for Climate Change & Global Warming at Selected Coastal Areas in Turkey for Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) British Government (Completed).
· TRANSFER, Tsunami Risk and Strategies for European Region for European Union (Completed).
· SEAHELLARC Earthquake and Tsunami Study for Western Hellenic Arc for European Union (Completed).
· Software development and installation for Malaysia Tsunami Warning System for Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of Malaysia, Astronautic Technology Malaysia (Completed).