How to register?
- Rules and regulations
Graduate Seminar Course: CE520 “Graduate Seminar” course must be taken during the course taking stage. The course requires giving a seminar on literature survey of thesis study and/or modelling works of it. Therefore, it is recommended to take the course after advisor assignment stage.
Ph.D. Proficiency Committee
PRESIDENT = PROF. DR.AHMET TÜRER
MEMBER = PROF. DR. ZAFER BOZKUŞ
MEMBER = ASSOC.PROF.DR.OZAN CEM ÇELİK
MEMBER = ASSOC.PROF.DR.SERDAR GÖKTEPE
MEMBER = ASSIST.PROF.DR. GÜZİDE ATASOY ÖZCAN
- Application and Regulations of Ph.D. Preliminary Proficiency Exam
Ph.D. Proficiency Exam Juries Please contact your advisor. Jury, Application Principles and Jury Record Form were sent to your advisor.
- Petition - Advisor Opinion
- Jury Proposal Form
- Ph.D. Proficiency Exam Calendar
- Rules and regulations
Procedures to be Followed After Ph.D. Proficiency Exam
1 Month After The Ph.D. Proficiency Exam, Thesis Monitoring Committee should be assigned. Ph.D. Thesis Monitoring Committee Assisgnment Form
Ph.D. Student, whose thesis monitoring committee is assigned, should defence thesis proposal at the latest within 6 months. Ph.D. Thesis Proposal Defense Official Report Form
After acceptance of the thesis proposal, Thesis Monitoring Committee should be assembled twice a year including January-June or July- December months (until graduation) Ph.D. Thesis Monitoring Committee Official Report Form Web Page Related to Doctorate Rules and Regulations
- Principles of Ph.D Proficiency Exam Practice
About CE620 and CE600
- Students accepted to a doctoral program with an undergraduate degree must complete courses within 6 semesters, and these students must take CE620 course, too.
- Students accepted to a doctoral program with a Master’s degree must complete courses within 4 semesters.
- Students registered to a doctoral program must take a preliminary exam within the scope of CE600 course in the first semester.
- Preliminary exam is held on the last day of classes in each semester.
- If a student fails in the preliminary exam once, he/she must take the exam again within the following semester. This exam is going to be held on the last day of classes in above-mentioned semester.
Thesis Monitoring Committee Students who defenced their thesis proposal in front of TAC Committee must repeat this phase within every successive 6 months (June or December) for improvements and changes in thesis. Moreover, the students must inform the department about this meeting by means of official records. Grading of CE600 is completed by the department on the basis of these official reports.
Thesis Defence Once the thesis has been completed in accordance with the principles indicated in the METU Thesis Manual, the Thesis Jury Assignment Form in METU-FBE (FBE :Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences) webpage (provided that 3 of the permanent members must be TAC members and 1 of the associate members must be a full-time faculty member at a university other than METU) (Co-advisor cannot be a member of jury) must be filled together with the Advisor. The form and thesis must be submitted to the department student affairs office at least 30 days before the jury date. The completed thesis format of which has been investigated by FBE must be copied and distributed to each member of the jury at least 30 days before.